วันศุกร์ที่ 21 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2553

The cut is deep. The wound is hard to heal.

Due to the on-going riot which has taken place in central Bangkok, the government authorized five official holidays in Bangkok, that is from Monday to Friday. Today is the fifth day of me not having to go to work and staying at home for the fear of getting injured by terrorists who mingled with the protesters in the capital. Not that I'm happy about these days off. I can't do much at home except watching teevo. All channels showed updated news about the political tension in Thailand. The most unacceptable part is that I realize then that many international news channels like CNN, Rueters, BBC and Sky News reporting news with bias and presenting it from one side perspective. What a disgrace!
All in all, I'm actually dying of boredom! Even though the core leaders announced the disperse of protest the other days, the protesters, obviously unsatisfied, started burning down about 30 buildings in the city including Siam Square and Central World, two of my favourite shopping places ever into ashes :'( Bangkok was literally on fire. Most department stores are closed! Skytrain and subway train do not operate! Curfew is still in force until Saturday! Overall, Bangkok looks pretty much like a deserted city after war. The situation begins to show a hopeful sign though as Bangkok Metropolitan Administration is managing to clear up the area. I believe soon everything should get back to normal and Bangkok will be the same Bangkok I knew again. Lively, peaceful and crowded with happy people with a smile on their faces!
Again these pictures have nothing to do with what I talked about earlier haha! Just me being super bored at home. Derek Lam's fall trend "The Myth of the West" for Estee Lauder.

ImageHost.org

6 ความคิดเห็น: